Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Are Brain Breaks All They Are Cracked Up To Be?




As I discuss in the video in this post, after attending multiple days of learning at ISTE 2015 I realized it was impossible for me to go from one session to the next for three consecutive days and get the most out of my ISTE experience. My brain was exhausted by the plethora of new information in a short amount of time. As one person on Twitter said, "it's like learning by firehose" and I would totally agree with that analogy.

This post is in direct response to my experience. How often are we, as educators, guilty of not letting our students have brain breaks? Sometimes our students need different things from a break: energized, calmed, or just focused. The video below will give you some real world solutions to help add brain breaks in your classroom no matter what age group you teach!

       

No comments:

Post a Comment